Flourless Chocolate Cake As A Wedding Cake ?

Baking By Thevanillalemon Updated 2 Feb 2023 , 9:09pm by -K8memphis

Thevanillalemon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thevanillalemon Posted 30 Jan 2023 , 2:56am
post #1 of 6

Hi cake gurus!

Stressing out a bit as my neighbor/client wants a flourless chocolate cake as her wedding cake, decorated with white buttecream. 

Is this a feasible thing to do ? 3 tiers , to feed 50  and the middle tier will be a vanilla cake with raspberry filling. She wants top and bottom layers as flourless chocolate cake ? I only know flourless chocolate cake as more of a" torte  " ...no idea how to go about turning this into a stacked weddi g cake frosted with buttercream !

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Jan 2023 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 6

hmmm, one way would be to make the middle tier as short as the flourless c cake -- not my favorite option

or stack two flourless cakes together to make each tier for the top & bottom --

that would work ^^^ your tiers would be small -- 3x6x9 would work -- 'cause you would cut the chocolate portions a bit thinner than a traditional wedding cake serving --

4x6x8 would also probably do -- but the problem with two different flavors is peeps want one of each* --

oh i got it i got it -- do a foam layer under each flourless cake -- and those are charged the same as a baked layer esp with the degree of difficulty of the flourless cakes you should be actually charging more! that's a lot of premium ingredients  --

i would want a swiss meringue on that myself -- an american buttercream is too heavy for a flourless cake imo --

*so i advised my brides that the cake cutter can't be aunt louise's 14 yr old twins -- has to be someone who knows what they are doing and can control the flow of everything --

best to you!! hibiscus

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 30 Jan 2023 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 6

Hmmm…stacking a flourless chocolate cake could be tricky. I found a site wherein the baker does 3 thin layers of fc cake and stacks them. https://mamaneedscake.com/triple-layer-flourless-chocolate-cake  The 3 thin layers stacked would work for one single cake for sure. Personally, I’d tell my neighbour/client that the white/vanilla layer cannot be put in the middle. Would make the cake unstable. Instead, the white/vanilla cake would be the bottom tier. That is attainable. Putting skewers through all layers securing. So you get your white cake and fc cake, but just not in the same manner as requested.

-K8memphis Posted 1 Feb 2023 , 3:02am
post #4 of 6

june, why do you think it would be unstable with the white layer if it was doweled properly?

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 2 Feb 2023 , 1:23pm
post #5 of 6

K8memphis….. I suppose would be fine if properly doweled. I would probably do 2 thin layers of fc cake as first tier. Then white/vanilla, then top tier 2 thin layers of fc cake. 

-K8memphis Posted 2 Feb 2023 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 6

yeah i think you're right -- stacking like you said should be fine and any other combination with the right doweling ~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%