Buttercream Under Mmf

Baking By Kristy Updated 8 Oct 2005 , 4:41am by famousamous

Kristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristy Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 8

What do you guys like to use under your mmf? I used Kaye's BC last time under it and got many compliments, but I was just wondering if any of you have a favorite!

7 replies
tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 8

OMG!!!! Don't get them started about who has a better buttercream recipe! Please!!!! Everyone thinks they have the best one, the real butter people are going to poo-poo the Crisco people.....oh, man. I'm going to walk away now. I don't think I can take this all over again!

Kristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristy Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 8

sorry! i don't mean to start a war, i just have to make a birthday cake next week and just wanted some opinions!

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 8

I think we can state preferences for Kristi without starting a war. icon_smile.gif

We just have to agree to disagree, which is the only thing to do when it comes to personal preference.

Our love of cake will unite us in the end! lol

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 8

I completely agree HollyPJ! I was just teasing because about a month ago an aweful thread got going about what it means to have an unsophisticated pallet (I can't even spell it), and it was really un-Cake Central! The norm is for us all to be so supportive and in that case it wasn't! That's all. Kristy, the best icing for you is the one your customers call back for!

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 11:20pm
post #6 of 8

So far, I've used a regular buttercream (half butter, half crisco) and I've used a French buttercream underneath MMF. Both times, they've gotten good reviews. I think that it really helps when you have MMF to enhance the taste of the buttercreams.

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 8 Oct 2005 , 4:14am
post #7 of 8

I figure the mmf is going to be peeled off and tossed. So, I just made sure to have an ample amount of filling in case the frosting came off with the mmf.

People will disagree. I don't find it unsupportive. Variety is the spice of life. icon_smile.gif

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 8 Oct 2005 , 4:41am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastycakes

OMG!!!! Don't get them started about who has a better buttercream recipe! Please!!!! Everyone thinks they have the best one, the real butter people are going to poo-poo the Crisco people.....oh, man. I'm going to walk away now. I don't think I can take this all over again!

Haahahaha! Biggest laugh all day! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%