Hi I'm A Newbie!

Decorating By Cupcake2 Updated 1 Feb 2007 , 2:46pm by carrielynnfields

Cupcake2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcake2 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:17pm
post #1 of 12

Let me start by saying Hi my name is Theresa and I live in South Africa.

I have been reading here and there on the forum for a while and find it very fasinating.

Although I don't make cakes myself, my mother makes beautiful cakes for any occasion.
My question or plea would be:-
I have a Son who is turning 2 in a little while and we going to make a number two cake, but I would like some ideas on what you can do with the decorating on the number two.? icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 12

Hi and welcome to CC Cupecake2

You probably already know how addicting this site is....lol

Anyway i have a number 2 cake in my photo's (i think its on page 2). i made it for my nephew's second birthday and used bob the builder as the theme...

you can pretty much incorporate anything into a cake and the galleries here are full of ideas...

cheers
kylie

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:30pm
post #3 of 12

Hi There! Welcome to CC! My name is Beth and I LOVE South Africa and have friends there! The sky is absolutely the most beautiful I have ever seen!! Okay, Okay, back to reality, sorry!

The number 2....let's see. Why don't you use the idea of his favorite character or toy? In other words, decorate the 2 with them? Am I making sense? It's 6:30 AM here and I haven't had a full pot of coffee yet!

Again Welcome and Happy Baking!

Beth in KY

PS If you don't mind telling us....WHERE in South Africa? You may PM (private message) me if you would like!

Cupcake2 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:39pm
post #4 of 12

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

bethola , you are making sense, I just cant make my mind up as to what his is favorite "toy" /" Charactor" right now. icon_redface.gif

I don't mind saying that I live in Johannesburg on the West Rand.

carrielynnfields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carrielynnfields Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 12

It is funny, I have the same problem with my boys. I know them well of course and love them to no end but figuring out the perfect theme for their cakes is always torture for me?? Why??? I would suggest rather than a toy or show, do the most common color in his wardrobe or the color of his favorite blanket, teddy, piece of clothing..I have also done the theme of a bedroom for birthdays before...the surf picture in my gallery is based on a two year old's bedroom theme of surfer girl. That actually ended up being one of my favorites. Basically, try and go a little more abstract and not so specific and I think you will have an easier time. Welcome to the family. I think you will find we are crazy and fun and warm and.....well....crazy! Welcome again!

Cupcake2 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 8:58am
post #6 of 12

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Bump for any other ideas! icon_smile.gif

pb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pb Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 9:25am
post #7 of 12

For a boy a car or train track is often a popular idea and the number 2 can be the shape of the track. if you don't want to make models to go on top then small toys are always a hit.

Good Luck
thumbs_up.gif

carrielynnfields Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 12:35pm
post #8 of 12

another good idea! Keep em comin for the newbie!

Cupcake2 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 12:41pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks carrielynnfields thumbs_up.gif .

Pb, His 1st birthday cake was a 3D VW car. So I wanted something else.

Geez can't think that something so simple can become so complicated icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

carrielynnfields Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 12:44pm
post #10 of 12

how bout turning it into a walking trail with animals surounding it with trees and shrubs and stuff like that? or...a river with fish jumping out of it? Ohhh man, someone help me please, it is obviously too early for me to be thinking!

Cupcake2 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 12:53pm
post #11 of 12

Eurica!!! thumbs_up.gif

carrielynnfields, You just got me thinking of a nice idea! Now to put it into place...

How does a Noag and animals going into a ARK (using the two's twists and turns are the road/forest)
Can't explain it nicely!! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks anyway that got me thinking!!!

carrielynnfields Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 2:46pm
post #12 of 12

Ooooo! Super cute. Yay! I totally know what you mean. Can't wait to see the pic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%