Baking/fondant Time Line And Questions

Baking By Icekitsune

Icekitsune Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Icekitsune Posted 2 Jul 2022 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 1

Hi all, I need some help and some ideas. I'm trying to make a marble cake that can be carved to a nerf gun with a chocolate ganache filling and fondant. 

Firstly, I saw a recipe with package cake mix with pudding from this site. Comments seem good. That has to trim the crust and edge correct? 

When can I make it, I'm a little scared that if I put it in the fridge it'll dry out. But it's July and hot. Secondly, I want to use ganache as a filling but since it has cream, it has to be frigerated. I want it to be relatively soft and not like a layer of hard chocolate. Would the ganache be the same for filing and crumb coator it has to be different? Would crumb coating and baking/carving the same day lock in moisture so the cake won't be hard? 

Fondant, I know can be made ahead of time. But I heard fondant can't be in the fridge so the cake has to be covered and served same day? Appreciate the advice. 

Basically I want to bake carve, fill and cover the same day and fondant the next day. Can I put prefondant cake in the fridge or would I need to. Is chocolate ganache for filling and crumb coat be the same 

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%