The Cakesafe

Business By sudie1 Updated 18 Apr 2022 , 2:36am by rychevamp

sudie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sudie1 Posted 13 Apr 2022 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 4

Who has the CakeSafe? Pros and Cons? Is it difficult to get the center metal rod through the cakes and cake boards, and then to pull it back out upon delivery? Worth the investment? Anyone have better solutions for traveling with tiered cakes if not this product? TIA

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Apr 2022 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 4

make them out of clean cardboard moving boxes -- if necessary measure your vehicle see what will fit -- they can be re-useable -- if you place freezer packs inside you can go for overnight and long distance deliveries with confidence -- these boxes insulate wonderfully -- sandra has a video she will hopefully share -- make sure the condensation from the freezer pack is captured & doesn't pee on your creations -- i wrapped mine in a paper towel and slid it into a plastic bag and wired them into the corners of the box -- also the rod is only really necessary if the cake is tall and spindly because i always delivered cakes cold -- and that invisible adhesive is plenty --

best to you

sandra sandra, do you have that video?

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 14 Apr 2022 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 4

Here is the video.  I've used this method a million times......well, maybe not a million, but a lot, even for my small cakes.  I do the same as -K8 to catch the condensation.  The only thing I do differently than what is shown in the video is to make the box open at one side instead of at the top.  It is a whole lot easier to slide the cake in and out from the side than to lower it into the box from the top.

https://www.yenersway.com/tutorials/free-online-cake-decorating-tutorials/how-to-make-an-instant-portable-fridge-for-cake-deliveries/

rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 18 Apr 2022 , 2:36am
post #4 of 4

I have one, and it definitely gives you peace of mind. If you don't mind the expense, it's a good investment. The biggest test I had was for my step-sister's wedding. She got married on labor day weekend, in the Bay Area. I had to drive the cake about an hour away. It took us over 3 hours to get there because of holiday traffic. And, we had a heatwave going on that had temps over 100F for days. It got to the caterers and then the venue the next day totally fine. 

It's not hard to get the rod in or out. I found it easier to stand on a stepladder to be above it to push the rod down.  Then just twist the rod slightly to get it out. Very easy. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%