Cake Boards

Decorating By Audreysnana Updated 16 Feb 2022 , 1:12am by -K8memphis

Audreysnana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Audreysnana Posted 14 Feb 2022 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 5

How do you make decorative cake boards ? I have used wrapping paper and Saran Wrap in the past but doesn’t look great 

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Feb 2022 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 5

if you go to this link it will show you how i did it for that cake -- should give you a few ideas

https://forums.egullet.org/topic/68445-demo-making-a-wedding-cake-at-home/?do=findComment&comment=936460

-K8memphis Posted 14 Feb 2022 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 5

earlene used to have a set of instructions for a certain kind of cake stand -- it might still be on here somewhere:

Table of Contents (earlenescakes.com)

-K8memphis Posted 14 Feb 2022 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 5

also, if you wish to reply please start a whole new thread

-K8memphis Posted 16 Feb 2022 , 1:12am
post #5 of 5

florist foil wrapped boards have been a staple in cakedom however the foil is not food safe -- to get around that cakes are placed on a food safe board the same size as the cake -- then that is secured onto the larger foil wrapped board --

I have always loved the paper lace doilies -- but I cut them in half and in half again so they are all in pie shapes -- I cut the point off and slide them under the edge of the cake before I pipe the border -- overlapping them -- it's a little fluffy, pretty, appropriate for a lot of normal birthday type cakes -- "case cakes" cakes you'd find in the case at a bakery -- or for any cake or dessert --

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%