Need Cake Flavor Suggestions For A White Cake

Baking By JPepper Updated 4 Jul 2021 , 2:42am by SandraSmiley

JPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPepper Posted 3 Jul 2021 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone :)

I have a customer who would like a 2-tier naked cake but would like different flavors. I'm a hobby baker so I typically do my naked cakes with vanilla cake using the WASC recipe. She'd like the cake to be white/vanilla visually but the cake to be a different flavor than vanilla. Does anyone have any suggestions on what flavors I can do that would keep the cake the same color as a vanilla WASC cake?

Thanks!

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Jul 2021 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 9

I used a grand marnier  simple syrup splash in my white cake — there are so many different flavors to chose from at the liquor store — 

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jul 2021 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 9

are you familiar with using a splash?

JPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPepper Posted 3 Jul 2021 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 9

That's interesting.....I've never heard of a 'splash' before. Would love to learn more about this!

-K8memphis Posted 4 Jul 2021 , 12:18am
post #5 of 9

it's easy peasy -- make simple syrup by boiling equal parts granulated sugar and water until it turns clear -- remove from heat -- carefully add a liquor -- I think I would use about one part liquor to three parts  simple syrup if memory serves -- 

but you can look up a recipe or just add the liquor to taste -- 

then as I assembled the tiers I brushed or squirted on the simple syrup -- squirted on not with a sprayer but like from a bottle with a nozzle --

and you need to test it because you don't want to use too much and make a hot spot with the alcohol you just want to create this magic between the sugary cake and the enhanced flavor -- a tart filling goes very well with this --

and for what it's worth remember vanilla is an alcohol based 'flavor' you're just stepping up the game --

-K8memphis Posted 4 Jul 2021 , 12:24am
post #6 of 9

to give you an idea of how much to use --

-K8memphis Posted 4 Jul 2021 , 12:44am
post #7 of 9
-K8memphis Posted 4 Jul 2021 , 12:45am
post #8 of 9

the grand marnier doesn't show up when it's served

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 4 Jul 2021 , 2:42am
post #9 of 9

For white cake, my favorte flavor is a combination of vanilla and almond, leaning a little more to almond.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%