Sheet Cake Pan

Baking By juljenki Updated 6 May 2021 , 1:01am by juljenki

juljenki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juljenki Posted 5 May 2021 , 1:18am
post #1 of 5

Hi bakers! I am going to bake the WASC cake in a 12x18x2” sheet pan. My questions are should I line the bottom with parchment paper then grease it? Also how long to bake and how do I get it out of the pan without it breaking apart??  I have to put two of my cooling racks together in order to cool the cake. Worried it won’t come out and it breaking. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks again you guys always come through for me.

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 May 2021 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 5

to flip it out you need to put something over it that is bigger than the cake -- hang onto it real good and flip it over -- like a cake cardboard or something that wont' flex -- also before you put the cake board of cookie sheet or whatever you got -- put a film of plastic wrap over it so it's easier to deal with -- i flipped mine twice so the bottom was flat --

just parchment no grease is needed 

make sure cake is cold or room temp and  loose on the sides before flipping

bake it till it's done -- no way to say how long

best to you 

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 6 May 2021 , 12:08am
post #3 of 5

I’ve made many sheet cakes. I grease and flour like any other cake pan. I have a very large wooden cutting board I use to flip my sheet cakes. As K8memphis posted, I  place the cutting board on top of the sheet pan, one hand on the board, one hand under the cake pan, hold tight, flip. And a word of caution, the board your cake sits on should be fairly thick and wide. Once you ice the cake, it will be very heavy. If cake is not properly supported, cracks will appear in your buttercream and cake. Found that out by experience.

juljenki Posted 6 May 2021 , 1:01am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for your answers and help. I forgot to mention that I’m going to be making mini individual cakes from this sheet cake. Hopefully once out and cooled I will be able to wrap and freeze the whole  sheet cake for when I need to cut & assemble them for a shower in June.

juljenki Posted 6 May 2021 , 1:01am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your answers and help. I forgot to mention that I’m going to be making mini individual cakes from this sheet cake. Hopefully once out and cooled I will be able to wrap and freeze the whole  sheet cake for when I need to cut & assemble them for a shower in June.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%