I’M Still Alive And Kicking

Lounge By tesso Updated 30 Apr 2021 , 1:33am by tesso

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 27 Apr 2021 , 9:03am
post #1 of 9

Hi was on cake central a lot in the past, love this site. I have missed it very much, 10 years ago a genetic condition took me down,  completely bed bound, and finally ten years later getting the help I need to finally be able to not just get in wheelchair but actually walk again. The first thing I plan on doing when strong enough is hitting the kitchen and baking cakes and experimenting again, i have had ten years to write down a wide variety of recipes and cake designs that beg to be made and tried.  I had to stop coming to cake central because it depressed me, i wanted to be baking so bad. well, knowing that baking is actuality, literally and definitely in my near future, I am drawn back here to see and learn again, to add to my inspiration and help me focus on getting through physical therapy.  With every step i am closer to my beloved oven.  Hope to see old friends on here and make some new ones. 

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Apr 2021 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 9

hi tesco, welcome back! I hope your PT goes great and you are back to baking sooner than you think!

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 27 Apr 2021 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 9

Welcome back tesco 

Sounds like a awful ordeal. Thank goodness you on the mend. With pt, hopefully you will get stronger everyday!! ❤️

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 2:22am
post #4 of 9

Hello tesso, and welcome back!  I am sorry you've been through such a hard time, but I am a true believer in PT.  It can hurt like the devil, it keep at it, because it can work miracles.  I am sending best wishes, prayers, and vibes that yours works as well as mine. 

Whether or not you are able to bake, you've already taught me something today....the trick about adding honey to chocolate...so you can still have a major impact on the cake world!  I look forward to seeing your designs!  If you like, post pics of some of your inspirations.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 9

Welcome back! Glad you are back on the other side with your mega-ideas we are all waiting to see!

xo

Theresa

jchuck Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 9

Sandra 

I’m confused where you saw tessco’s remark about honey in the chocolate?? Read through her remarks a couple of times. Don’t see it there.

tesso Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 8:49am
post #7 of 9

thanks everyone, I am determined to get back to living and baking, or for me baking is living. lol. 

jchuck, i answered a question that was posted about chocolate seizing, any chocolate can be un-seized by adding honey, 1sp-1tbs depending on how much chocolate and how seized it is. It’s more an eye it and start off small,  add honey and stir. It is truly amazing to watch chocolate that has seized return to lush glossy goodness. my hubby thought  i was crazy when i would seize chocolate on purpose just to experiment. lol. also, it didn’t seem to affect taste. 

jchuck Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 6:13pm
post #8 of 9

Wow tesso what an awesome tip!!!!! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen comments about chocolate seizing on my fb cakey pages. All the trouble of re-tempering the chocolate….such a pain!! I also discovered a new recipe for royal icing from discovery a cookie decorator on YouTube. She added a good 1/4 cup of corn syrup to the recipe. I’ve added a few teaspoons before, but never a 1/4 cup. Unbelievable the difference. The viscosity of the royal icing is so nice. Allows more working time, and the ri isn’t all dried up and crispy the next day. Just a quick wipe with wet fingers on the tip of the icing bag, and away you go. 

tesso Posted 30 Apr 2021 , 1:33am
post #9 of 9

i have added the syrup to royal icing, it is wonderful. I have a couple recipes for royal icing, also i have added a small amount to the royal icing i make with egg meringue powder, it makes it flossy and adds just enough flexibility to remove from wax paper without breaking as much.  It’s the icing i used on birthday cake with the boat and fish. it’s on my page. the boat os one kind of ri, and the fish and letters are meringue ri. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%