Pound Cake Dry

Baking By WinyanTate Updated 10 Dec 2020 , 4:30pm by -K8memphis

WinyanTate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WinyanTate Posted 10 Dec 2020 , 8:30am
post #1 of 4

Hello, I made a pound cake the other day and it was dry. I used only 4 ingredients. How can I fix this problem? Thanks Sandy

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Dec 2020 , 11:20am
post #2 of 4

this is a classic pound cake that trisha year wood printed in her book but it's just an easy way to find it -- it is foolproof and much older than her rise to cooking fame as she attests to -- 

I know vanilla is pricey pricey right now but I use about two tablespoons of it in this recipe and I'm pretty sure I bake at 350 degrees -- I'll double check when I get up I'm still in bed -- but you don't preheat the oven -- you put the cake into a cold oven then turn on the heat -- this is a luscious recipe, six ingredients - no substitutes -- perfect results 

use real butter -- don't get it too soft -- you want it to hold up during the process and not separate  -- still should be a little cold although not rock hard -- cutting into cubes is a good idea --

when you measure the flour do not just scoop it out into the cup measure, -- aerate the flour first by stirring it, the top portion where you're going to measure from, with a spoon or a whisk -- then spoon it into the cup and run the edge of a butter knife over the top to level the it off -- if you scoop it out you'll pack it in and get too much flour which can dry out your cake -- you want looser fluffier flour -- 

http://recipeofhealth.com/recipe/cold-oven-poundcake-trisha-yearwood-522142rb

-K8memphis Posted 10 Dec 2020 , 11:24am
post #3 of 4

you should be using some kind of tube pan or two regular size loaf pans for this batter -- I'll check on that temperature thing...

-K8memphis Posted 10 Dec 2020 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 4

yes I bake mine at 350 degrees f for 70 mins 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%