Help Making Chocolate Candie From Molds

Decorating By Alyssaj76 Updated 18 Nov 2020 , 12:18pm by -K8memphis

Alyssaj76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alyssaj76 Posted 18 Nov 2020 , 7:46am
post #1 of 4

I need help figuring out the best and prettiest way to use the Wilton silicone cupcake candy molds. They are smal little cupcakes the size a bit larger than a penny. There are little sprinkles I cannot. Get. Right. There must be a easier way to do this ??Help Making Chocolate Candie From MoldsHelp Making Chocolate Candie From Molds

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Nov 2020 , 11:50am
post #2 of 4

I would say some of  your chocolate is too hot or too thick sometimes but wow you've got a pretty shine to some of it too! 

for best control i would use a small parchment cone with the tip cut off for a small opening -- to pipe the sprinkles and trim into the mold -- a little bit goes a long way as you can see -- you just want to coat that bottom layer of the mold not fill it -- let it set up even in the fridge for about five mins -- if your next layer of chocolate is too hot it can melt your work -- 

chocolate is time and temperature sensitive -- when it's ready it's ready, not before not after, not when you want, but when the time and temperature determine it's ready -- its gotta mind of it's own so chocolatiers are mind readers!

more in next post ~

-K8memphis Posted 18 Nov 2020 , 12:14pm
post #3 of 4

instead of a parchment cone you could use plastic or a paint brush -- but to me piping with parchment is the easiest, best way -- as you work with time & temp sensitive chocolate you have to be figuring how to keep the temp right because it cools off fast esp in that little tip of the bag -- here's some methods --

put some plastic wrap over a heating pad to place your piping bags on to keep them the right temp 

put a plate over a pot of warm water for storing your piping bags

if you are in the process of using the bags fold up the tip of the bag to stop it from flowing out but push the folded tip onto the plate or heating pad to keep it warm and useable --

pop them in the microwave for seconds at a time  -- then I hold the folded tip closed and knead the rest of the bag to get it going -- back and forth -- 

these chocolate bags, when I am going to set them down for any length of time,  I always push the product back up away from the tip so the mass of it cools off at about the same time and it's easier to re-warm -- if you let the tip grow cold and the rest of the bag is warm you might have to remake the bag or hold the tip and knead it back to health -- 

you just gotta read the chocolate's mind and be ready to get a move on when it gives the go ahead -- 

-K8memphis Posted 18 Nov 2020 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 4

are you using those little squeeze bottles?

if you cannot reply  to this thread, just start a new one blush

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%