Used Sheeter

Business By CindiM Updated 29 Oct 2020 , 11:57pm by maybenot

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 21 Oct 2020 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 9

I closed my business 3 years ago.  I want to ask the best place to advertise equipment that you may still have?  I on my local craigslist in Florida.  But I would rather sell to cake people in Florida, if possible.  I can't ship, it weighs a lot, so it would be pick up only in Southwest Florida.  Thanks for your help.  Cindim   

[email protected],net

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Oct 2020 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 9

I've sold equipment on eBay and on craigslist -- the eBay item was snatched up so fast I nearly got whiplash -- the Craigslist item sold in a timely manner but I am so freaked out about potentially getting ripped off, letting people in my house to pick up the item, getting paid safely -- It makes me a little (more) crazy -- but the transaction went off perfectly --

I still have two beautiful three deck ovens, assorted mixers, and a wheeled flour storage thing -- to sell...any minute now....stuck_out_tongue

I prefer eBay because it's safer but you are right,  it is a pain to pack and ship but what I've done is price locally for someone to pick up and crate the heavy  items and then just give it as the shipping charge -- would have to ship as freight -- but I had them calculate how much to ship to wash state, I'm in tn, so that would be the farthest and gives a solid ball park shipping charge -- that the buyer will pay -- 

another thought I had was to send postcards to bake shops and kitchens throughout my area with a picture of the stuff glued on the back or something -- haven't done that either -- any minute..... blush

hope you get an easy solution & a fast profitable sale --

one more thing I'm gonna try.. yes of course, "any minute" is to contact restaurant supply places and see if they will buy it from me to sell from their premises -- 

best to you, cindi

CindiM Posted 28 Oct 2020 , 12:30am
post #3 of 9

Hi, I remember you from a long time ago!  I had 3 cake shops & a cupcake trailer in South West Florida, just off the Gulf of Mexico, for17 years. 

I agree with listing on eBay.  I'll have to try that.   I just got started selling the last of my shop stuff, this month.  I may try the restaurant supply way too!

You would think people would go crazy over a real "live" sheeter!   I did!!!! 

Take care, thanks for sharing  your ideas!!!!!!

Used Sheeter

CindiM Posted 28 Oct 2020 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 9

Quote by @CindiM on 16 hours ago

Hi, I remember you from a long time ago!  I had 3 cake shops & a cupcake trailer in South West Florida, just off the Gulf of Mexico, for17 years. 

I agree with listing on eBay.  I'll have to try that.   I just got started selling the last of my shop stuff, this month.  I may try the restaurant supply way too!  Take care and thanks for sharing your ideas!

**UPDATE

I wanted to share  a little information.  A sheeter is a real time saver.  I had an order for a 5 tier main wedding cake & 49- 2 tier table cakes!  I also had a 6 tiered wedding cake with a 18 inch square base cake!  That's a 26 inch plus square!!!  It was like making a blanket! 

This Somerset 30 inch is exactly like the ones you see on the cake shows. 

I'm asking $4,000 or best offer.  They cost $4,500 to $5,500 new, so I am willing to discuss a lower offer.  Let me know what works for you.  I can take a credit card.  Shipping is not included, it will have to be arranged, it weighs 225 lbs.  You can see from the picture, it is super clean.  I can be reached at [email protected],net     Thanks, Cindim

Used Sheeter

-K8memphis Posted 28 Oct 2020 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 9

cindi, seriously -- the idea of having a sheeter, a somerset?  makes my mouth water!  hahahaha -- i LOVE baking equipment! oh it's pretty too! 30 inches, be still my beating heart, come to momma! stuck_out_tongue but i am completely retired -- i occasionally think about getting a 3.5 qt kitchen aid hahahaha -- but i wouldn't even do that justice -- i rarely even bake anymore -- i am on a very special forever diet -- but it works like crazy for me so well worth it -- 

that should crate up easy peasy -- it's worth every penny --

best to you green_heart

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 Oct 2020 , 10:02pm
post #6 of 9

It makes my head swim to look at the pictures!  Like Kate, I drool just thinking about your beautiful sheeter.  Alas, I am a hobby baker and have absolutely no need for it........wouldn't it make a magnificent pastries?!!  If I lived in your neighborhood, I would be tempted, even though I need it like another hole in my head!

-K8memphis Posted 29 Oct 2020 , 12:09am
post #7 of 9

cindim, yes I remember you too! "the good ole' days" huh blush

-K8memphis Posted 29 Oct 2020 , 12:18am
post #8 of 9

and I can price out my three deck deluxe oven, 20 qt heavy duty berkel, and the 12 qt univex mixer for anyone interested -- santa Can get this down the chimney for you!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 29 Oct 2020 , 11:57pm
post #9 of 9

Well, so much for NOT ADVERTISING ITEMS FOR SALE here on Cake Central.

I guess now that the spammers have taken over, anything goes?

The terms of agreement for using this site prohibit advertising/selling---even cutely couched in questions about, "Oh, gee, where should I advertise to sell this?  Here are some pictures while I'm at it, along with my email, phone number, and pricing...."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%