Sheet Cake Question

Decorating By inthekitchen2 Updated 27 Sep 2020 , 10:22pm by -K8memphis

inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 27 Sep 2020 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 2

For my caramel cakes, I use a homemade caramel in the batter, fill with the homemade caramel, and also use it in the buttercream, and then cover with fondant so it's not brown. If no fondant, I just don't put it in the frosting, but still cake and filling. Anyway, I need to make a caramel sheet cake, and realize I can't put it into the frosting, as I can't have that brown, but am wondering about the filling. I don't fill my sheet cakes, but would like to add it somehow. I am thinking of either baking 2 thing layers of the sheet cake, and sandwiching the caramel in the middle, or maybe poking the cake while warm and running the caramel over it, and then frost when cool. I'm not sure if that would work? Or, should I just scrap the idea of the filling and just do the caramel in the cake and that's it? Thanks in advance!

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Sep 2020 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 2

all those ideas are fine -- but you gotta test the one that pours it in the poke holes -- might be great, might be a problem -- another idea,  you could use the caramel icing as usual and ice over it in white -- just make the icing thin -- could get too sweet fast -- 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%