Milkshake Flavored Cake

Baking By oceanspitfire Updated 19 Aug 2020 , 7:39pm by jchuck

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 19 Aug 2020 , 2:02am
post #1 of 4

Ive been sorta experimenting but I don't have time with working restaurant f/t to be doing trial and error every day lol. I have a luau anniversary cake coming up in September and I want to make more than just a pina colada cake I want to make a pina colada milkshake cake. Like the cake itself and the filling will taste like pina colada milkshake. Not that it's a bad tasting trial and error game, lol, but I'd rather get some tried and true recipes from anyone here before I open up another pint of haagen dasz or hit the array of local diners for another milkshake lol

PS I've seen some cake doctor /cake mix tweeks, but I'm more of a scratch cake girl. So if anyone has any cake recipes that mindblowingly taste like milkshake I'd appreciate it :) Cheers

3 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 19 Aug 2020 , 2:51am
post #2 of 4

I confess, I am lost.  Milkshakes come in about a million different flavors, but I've never had a pina colada one.  Most things called pina colada flavor use coconut, pineapple and rum, but how to make it taste like a milkshake, I haven't a clue.  

If you are not able to reply to the post, just start a new one and refer back to the original.

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 19 Aug 2020 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 4

Yeah pina colada pr pineapple coconut milkshakes are soooo good lol. The cake though has a distinct milkshake flavour no matter what type of milkshake flavour profile. I was hoping there was some tried and true cakecentral secret or method to get that milkshake taste, or if Im gonna have to wing it with the melted milkshake substitute idea. Im trying to find milkshake powder mix other than on Amazon because delivery is notoriously slow these days and wouldnt arrive in time. 

Cheers

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 19 Aug 2020 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 4

oceanspitfire I found a strawberry milkshake cake recipe.  http://www.sugaryandbuttery.com/2014/04/strawberry-milkshake-cake.html  Seems the trick is a lot of milk. Some recipes it’s plain ole milk, other’s it’s condensed milk. 

Thinking you could substitute pina colada flavours for the strawberry.....rum extract, coconut extract. Perhaps some puréed pineapple in the icing?   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%