What Bags Do You Use To Hold Your Cake Boxes?

Baking By Merakibaking Updated 17 Jul 2020 , 5:07pm by SandraSmiley

Merakibaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Merakibaking Posted 15 Jul 2020 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone - I've recently been doing some cake deliveries for friends/family.

I place the cakes in a cake box - but I then like putting the box in a paper Patisserie type bag. I will attach a photo below of the bags I have used before (they are for 12 hole cupcake boxes so they are slightly wider than needed for cake boxes but they work well and look good). 

What Bags Do You Use To Hold Your Cake Boxes?

https://www.windsorcakecraft.co.uk/extra_large_paper_carrier_bag-for_12_hole_boxes.html?category_id=0&search_string=large+cupcake+bag

These bags are the ONLY ones I can find on the internet - I usually order them from Windsor Cake Craft but they are constantly out of stock on this size. The dimensions are12½" (W) x 14½" (L) x 13¾" (H). They are £1.10 (i cant remember how many for though - 5 or 10). I found one other website and I asked them for a quote on getting a square 14" cake bag and they wanted to charge me £4 per bag!! 

I just want large square paper bags - and I'm struggling to find any that are similar to these ones. Can someone advise me on either where I can get them from or what other people do? Do you usually put your cake boxes in a bag when you deliver cakes? I just find it strange to hold the cake box when giving it to a customer. 

I'm in the UK and just not sure where else to look online! I also can't understand why these aren't super popular and sold everywhere for cake makers as it seems like such as basic thing needed - like cake boards/boxes. 

Thanks 

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Jul 2020 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 3

i never used bags when baking from home -- boxes yes definitely -- what if you got handy at making them? just a random wild thought -- it's just a few folds and some glue -- 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Jul 2020 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 3

Just a hobby baker, I never use bags either.  I also deliver all of my cakes myself and they are mostly too big for a bag anyway.  In fact, most of them are too big for me, so my husband carries them for me. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%