Cheesecake Dilemma

Baking By Kaylam1234 Updated 30 May 2020 , 9:19pm by SandraSmiley

Kaylam1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaylam1234 Posted 27 May 2020 , 3:21am
post #1 of 4

Would a cheesecake go bad or melt if left inside hot car for around 15-20 minutes ? The temperature outside was around 95 degrees. When it was cut after the 20 minutes it was melted inside some , I’m trying to figure out if the cheesecake went bad or if it didn’t set right when baking (also we put it back in fridge to see what would happen and it didn’t form back together 

3 replies
MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 30 May 2020 , 4:03am
post #2 of 4

Oh boy - if you made a regular cheesecake with cream cheese, it definitely needs to be refrigerated and I imagine 95 degrees could partially melt it.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 May 2020 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 4

yes what mermade said -- if it was left inside the car for 20 minutes, how long altogether was it out of temperature aka out of the refrigerator?how long was the car ride -- air conditioning running in the car would not hold the temperature properly -- and from the time it was brought into the house till the time it was cut, that time gets added in too -- although it might not have been baked enough either which would exacerbate the hazard -- but i would not eat that because i have auto immune conditions -- and i would not serve it to anyone either --

yah that thing got cooked

"When it's 90 degrees outside it can get to 109 degrees inside after 10 minutes and 124 after 30 minutes. When it's 95 degrees outside it can get to 114 degrees inside after 10 minutes and 129 after 30 minutes."

sorry that happened -- best to you

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 30 May 2020 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 4

I agree, the cake is probably not safe to eat.  I keep cheesecake refrigerated all the time, except when serving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%