Embarassed To Ask But

Baking By emmettsmom Updated 7 Feb 2007 , 3:13am by jackieaugusto

kris10rae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris10rae Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 2:41am
post #31 of 36

All of the cookies in this post are gorgeous! I'm so scared to try the MMF on cookies. I get lots of compliments on the taste of my sugar cookies w/powdered sugar icing...but this would lessen the work load SO much!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 2:42am
post #32 of 36

Hey, I will tell you what I tell all my students -- make a batch and play, play, play. Remember, this is sugar, it's FUN!!! Now go... icon_biggrin.gif

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 3:20am
post #33 of 36

You have given me inspiratiion to work with fondant again! I only made it once, to cover a cake and decorate with it. I made 2 batches of the easy recipe made with the fluff and used alot of color (royal blue and bright yellow for celestial) It was so hard to work and so time consuming. I liked the taste of it alone, but did not care for the texture of it with cake either. I didn't think it was worth the extra money, time and work...but I'm trying to imagine it with cookies and am intrigued. Those cookies are awesome Fairytale!

angkimbrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angkimbrell Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 5:20pm
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieaugusto

angkimbrell - dont quote me on this but I remember reading about this somewhere and they said you can brush the cookie with light corn syrup and that it would adhere. I was looking for this because I had the same thing you did in mind. I didnt want to be overwhelmed all at once. let me know if you figure it out. Thanks!

I tried the corn sryup this weekend and it worked! I also rewarmed 5 cookies at 380 for 3 mins to put fondant on while warm. Both worked well. I have used the corn sryup method for the rest and it is fine, and easy!

I was shocked at the thought of fondant on cookies months ago when I stumbled on the idea, but boy what a life-saver, and so yummy too.

I have cleared my desk of twice this morning in hopes of getting on this site to browse. Sheese, we need a addicted to the site forum!!! Angie

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 10:29pm
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by angkimbrell

I have cleared my desk of twice this morning in hopes of getting on this site to browse. Sheese, we need a addicted to the site forum!!! Angie

We do have a "forum addict" designation for those of us who are more than a little obvious with our love for this website...icon_rolleyes.gif

jackieaugusto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackieaugusto Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 3:13am
post #36 of 36

angkimbrell,
keep watching my posting of photos and you'll see me post my first ever. They are all made with fondant and they were sooo easy. I'm tired tonight so I wont post now, but will in the morning. For my first time I think they came out great. Oh, I also used apricot jam and water to coat the backs of the fondant. It was easier and neater than coating the back of the cookie. The lady at my local store told me this. I used pettinice since it was on sale here!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%