What Type Of Icing For Writing "happy Birthday" On Cheesecake

Decorating By omgitstricia Updated 24 Mar 2020 , 5:50pm by jchuck

omgitstricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omgitstricia Posted 10 Mar 2020 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,

Was wondering if anyone could suggest icing for writing 'Happy Birthday' on cheesecake.

I once tried with royal frosting since it is easy to pipe and it looked so awesome. I put cheese cake in fridge overnight and when I pulled it back out to serve it the next day the frosting had sunk in to cheesecake and was just a blurry mess. It sucked especially after taking all the time to perfectly pipe out each letter, grrrr.

Don't want this to happen again so was hoping someone that knew more about this stuff could tell me what sort of icing would be compatible with cheese cake so I can avoid this happening again.

Thank you in advance!!!

4 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 Mar 2020 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 5

I have never tried piping on cheese cake, but I would probably try melted chocolate.  If your cheese cake is already cold, the chocolate should set almost instantly and will definitely stay solid in the fridge.  Also, due to the fat content, moisture will not have an effect.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 11 Mar 2020 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 5

Bump

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 5

omgitstricia, if you wish to reply, just start a new post and refer to this one.

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 5

Anything you place on a cheesecake, like bc ic, royal icing or fondant,  will most likely disintegrate into the cheesecake. Sandra is correct that chocolate would be your best option. Personally, I would pipe the chocolate onto some parchment paper, then let it harden. Just before serving the cheesecake, I would place the writing on. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%