Can I Freeze Pastry Pride?

Decorating By scrapbookermom Updated 30 Jan 2007 , 6:21pm by ShirleyW

scrapbookermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapbookermom Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making my first ice cream cake and am covering it with Pastry Pride (whipped topping). After it is iced, can I just stick it in the freezer or do I have to cover it somehow? Thank you!

4 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 5

I just put mine back in the refrigerator, the texture is stable enough to hold up. It doesn't soften the way Cool Whip or whipped cream would. But I have made lime mousse pie with whipped Pastry Pride on top and kept it in the freezer until an hour or so before serving, so suppose you could do the same with a cake.

scrapbookermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapbookermom Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks ShirleyW

It is an ice cream cake that needs to be delivered in two days. Should I wait to ice it the day of delivery or do you think I can ice it today and freeze it for two days?

I have refrigerated cakes before iced with Pastry Pride with no problems, but this is my first ice cream cake.

Thanks again!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 5

You can freeze Bettercream and I think they are pretty similar.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 5

I would try a little experiment. Whip a small amount of Pastry Pride, scoop a bit of ice cream into a bowl, ice it with the PP and freeze it. Watch it to see how it reacts over a day and night. I have seen real whipped cream develope deep surface cracks but I have a feeling PP won't do that. If you are satisfied with how the scoop of ice cream held up then I would do the cake a day or two before the event and freeze it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%