Cinnamon Bun Cake Recipe

Baking By Sundre01 Updated 14 Nov 2019 , 8:20pm by SandraSmiley

Sundre01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sundre01 Posted 13 Nov 2019 , 4:02am
post #1 of 8

Hi, I have a bride who is wanting a Cinnamon Bun Wedding Cake.  Has anyone ever done anything like this before and if so will you please share your recipe? Thank you

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Nov 2019 , 11:20am
post #2 of 8

what does she mean exactly — cake that tastes like cinnamon buns? real cbs stacked up that looks like cake from the outside — real cbs stacked up that look like themselves but decorated like a tier cake — there are a lot of possibilities 

-K8memphis Posted 13 Nov 2019 , 11:24am
post #3 of 8

and there are limitations too — you’re gonna have to use yeast in some way to get a true cinnamon roll vibe — tons of variables — more information needed — ask her & come back — very interesting idea

Sundre01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sundre01 Posted 14 Nov 2019 , 12:09pm
post #4 of 8

No I am understanding that she just wants the flavour of cinnamon buns in a cake. I was thinking to use my favourite white cake recipe with a swirl of cinnamon and sugar but not sure if that would affect the stability? It would be the bottom layer of a 3 tier cake (12”). Thoughts on that?

-K8memphis Posted 14 Nov 2019 , 2:05pm
post #5 of 8

I would test that out in a few cupcakes —

the different things I would swirl into the batter and only using clarified butter aka ghee:

— ghee and cinnamon

— that ^^^ plus a little super fine flour to hold it together — like wonder flour —

— then one where you mix some cake batter with a substantial amount of cinnamon  and add some butter flavor oil

^^^ all those swirled into batter before baking

maybe try a smear of cinnamon and ghee or butter flavor oil between baked layers 

that’s where I would start — 

-K8memphis Posted 14 Nov 2019 , 5:01pm
post #6 of 8

wait not wonder flour — wondra flour but might not be available outside the u.s. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 14 Nov 2019 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 8

There are a bunch of recipes on line for cinnamon bun cakes, but I don't know if they are what you are looking for.  I think, many years ago, I even made one.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=cinnamon+bun+cake+recipe&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 14 Nov 2019 , 8:20pm
post #8 of 8

This one looks good, but the cake would require proper dowelling.

https://lilluna.com/cinnamon-roll-cake-recipe/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%