Amoretti Flavoring Compounds - Need Opinion

Baking By teddybr218 Updated 12 Nov 2019 , 1:34am by -K8memphis

teddybr218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teddybr218 Posted 9 Nov 2019 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 7

Good afternoon all, I spend a lot of time looking at the forums and getting tips and information from them.  I am not a real decorator but like to keep things simple, but love my things to taste good.  I get so much help and inspiration from the forums.  Most of my baking is done for family, church, friends and co-workers.

I have been looking at the Amoretti flavoring compounds and would love to buy one to try but they are so expensive.  So I thought that I would ask here first and see if anyone had used them and had an opinion.

Thanks in advance, Cheryl

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Nov 2019 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 7

this isn’t going to help you but it’s my experience with amoretti— first of all i’m sure they are wonderful — 

i was given a lovely assortment of small sample jars of all kinds of interesting sounding amoretti liquid substances — I never knew what to do with them — I guess I just don’t have an adventurous enough spirit to figure it out — I was working and busy and just never used them — no instructions — 

so if you get instructions or know what to do with them i’m certain it’s a quality product —

-K8memphis Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 7

I just never wanted to invest my time & ingredients on something maybe working out — but still I feel bad about it — wah wah — but on the other hand woulda couple instructions be too much to ask for? idk —

-K8memphis Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 7

what do you want to make?

teddybr218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teddybr218 Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 7

I was thinking about a cake and frosting, but nothing specific.  Just wondering about it because it was so expensive.  

-K8memphis Posted 12 Nov 2019 , 1:31am
post #6 of 7

yeah -- idk never did figure that one out

-K8memphis Posted 12 Nov 2019 , 1:34am
post #7 of 7

there's another forum called egullet.org with a pastry section -- maybe you can ask there -- idk if you have to join first I haven't been active over there for a looong time but there's been a ton of pastry chefs over there over the years -- they would know if they are still there

https://forums.egullet.org/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%