Lemon Poppy Seed.. Not Poopy Haha

Baking By MissAlmond90 Updated 8 Nov 2019 , 11:48pm by -K8memphis

MissAlmond90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissAlmond90 Posted 8 Nov 2019 , 7:27am
post #1 of 2

As you probably all saw I couldn't respond to my post(or edit the title!). 

Thank you all for the feedback! I feel so foolish for not checking the spice aisle for poppy seeds! I checked the bulk area and the nuts but never thought of it as a spice. I bought the paste only once and used it in poppy seed muffins. It is an actual paste(gooey, think grainy toothpaste), and it dispersed into the muffin batter just fine but the end result was very rubbery and not appetizing. Maybe has to do with the added corn syrup? Or its possible I overmixed the batter, either was it was a no go.

I haven't attempted my lemon poppy seed LAYER CAKE, as of yet. I will most likely just pick up some poppy seeds from the spice aisle and try a recipe that I found that uses those. 

My cake was for saturday so I just went with a tried and true lemon raspberry cake. Thinking about it now I may have been able to omit the raspberries and added dried poppy seeds, but all is well.

Thank you all!

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Nov 2019 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 2

I think you are exactly right about the muffins being over beaten — and exactly hilarious for the poo typo — too funny!

and of course it’s not a spice! why would you look there? that’s what you got me for blush

but poppy seed pastries are the bombshabomb

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%