Need Idea

Decorating By lilkimberb Updated 31 Jan 2007 , 3:20am by lilkimberb

lilkimberb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilkimberb Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to make a cake to take along on our trip that we are taking next week. We will be driving about 6 hours and the cake will have to be in the box of the truck, (under a tonneau (sp) cover). I know I will put it in a box and wrap it with saran wrap and then probably put a blanket around the box just in case there is any dirt. BUTTTTTTT my question is: What kind of cake would be a good one to make and what kind of filling. I wanted to try putting chocolate ganache over the cake. Oh yeah and it is suppose to be 5 degrees to -5 degrees. So I need something that if it freezes it will be ok.

4 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 5

Kim,

Yellow or chocolate cake with raspberry filling would be really good with the ganache. I think it will travel fine and it shouldn't hurt it if it freezes.

Cindy

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 2:00am
post #3 of 5

Ganache would be good but you will have condensation when you bring it in the house. Chocolate cake with cookie and cream icing/filling would be good too. My family are peanut butter icing people.

Good luck! Have a great trip!!

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 2:04am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndHappy

Ganache would be good but you will have condensation when you bring it in the house. Chocolate cake with cookie and cream icing/filling would be good too. My family are peanut butter icing people.

Good luck! Have a great trip!!

Yumminy Yum! I love that combo! I will definitely try that, myself...for ME!! LOL! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

lilkimberb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilkimberb Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:20am
post #5 of 5

Yeah I would love to try the cookies and cream thing but ( you all will think I am crazy) I don't like chocolate cake. Maybe it is just the kind I make but I don't like it. So what other kind of cake do you think it would be good in?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%