How To Obtain These Colors?

Decorating By cuky21 Updated 6 Nov 2019 , 11:48am by -K8memphis

cuky21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuky21 Posted 4 Nov 2019 , 1:57am
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone. I'll be making a cake for my niece but she wants it to have this color scheme. Can anyone tell me how to obtain these colors in swiss buttercream? I will also be making macarons and meringues.

How To Obtain These Colors?

Thank you!

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2019 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 8

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 4 Nov 2019 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 8

Your pink is pretty straight forward and should not require mixing.  I use Wilton gel colors (because they are easy to find) and they make one called Pink, which I use a lot.  It would only take a modest amount to achieve the soft pink.  They also make Sky Blue, which would not require mixing.  To achieve the Seafoam, a touch of Leaf Green added to the Sky Blue should give good results.  Just all small amounts of color at a time and add more if needed.

-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2019 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 8

it’s hard to get a soft pink in swiss smbc because of the butter (yellow and soft pink become soft peach) so be advised on that one —

probably need to make some icing w/shortening or buy a can of white icing to make the pink, or airbrush it pink — I thought maybe it was a blush color because that is so popular right now — I should have read the photo better

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Nov 2019 , 12:56am
post #5 of 8

cuky21 Posted 6 Nov 2019 , 4:34am
post #6 of 8

Thank you!

Quote by @SandraSmiley on 1 day ago

Your pink is pretty straight forward and should not require mixing.  I use Wilton gel colors (because they are easy to find) and they make one called Pink, which I use a lot.  It would only take a modest amount to achieve the soft pink.  They also make Sky Blue, which would not require mixing.  To achieve the Seafoam, a touch of Leaf Green added to the Sky Blue should give good results.  Just all small amounts of color at a time and add more if needed.

cuky21 Posted 6 Nov 2019 , 4:39am
post #7 of 8

Thank you. I'll try adding a touch of purple to hopefully counteract a little bit of the yellow. Hope that works.

Quote by @-K8memphis on 1 day ago

it’s hard to get a soft pink in swiss smbc because of the butter (yellow and soft pink become soft peach) so be advised on that one —

probably need to make some icing w/shortening or buy a can of white icing to make the pink, or airbrush it pink — I thought maybe it was a blush color because that is so popular right now — I should have read the photo better

-K8memphis Posted 6 Nov 2019 , 11:48am
post #8 of 8

pls let me know how that works

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%