Trouble With Edible Printer

Decorating By Mary_Cherry Updated 29 Oct 2019 , 12:58am by SandraSmiley

Mary_Cherry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mary_Cherry Posted 28 Oct 2019 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, 

Please can someone help, I’ve got a Canon iX6850 which I’ve had for a number of years but for about 18 months I cannot get a good print and it’s driving me mad. I’ve performed the cleaning cycles. I’ve manually removed the print head and flush all of the colours out until they run clear using warm water. The cartridges are full and the printer shows the correct ink levels but my black is still faded and full of lines. My colour is improved for all of the cleaning but not as good as when I bought it. 

I use the Katie’s edible ink which you refill yourself. I’ve had some amazing results from this printer. I don’t use it enough which I assume is the issue. But with the printer head running through clear and the cartridge functioning well I can’t work out what else to do?! 

Any advice gratefully received before I lose my mind. If it’s at all relevant I’m in the UK. Perhaps someone can suggest what other liquid I should run through the print head? I don’t know. Thanks! 

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Oct 2019 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 3

I think you probably answered your own question — you need to keep up a certain volume with those persnickety printers — but I am the last person to give advise — I bought a whole set with all the trimmings — never opened it and wound up selling it on eBay — no patience for it —

i’d suggest you check out icing images dot com — i’m sure you can find or get an answer there — wonderful folks !

best to you

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 29 Oct 2019 , 12:58am
post #3 of 3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%