White Chocolate Ganache Colouring

Decorating By phelapahnt Updated 22 Oct 2019 , 9:27pm by SandraSmiley

phelapahnt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phelapahnt Posted 21 Oct 2019 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all!

It's my Son's birthday next weekend and I'm baking him a chocolate based fire engine cake. I've previously baked simple sponge cakes, scones etc but nothing involving ganache.

I want to use a white chocolate ganache but from the videos I've seen, once set, the ganache tends to not be white but more of a creamy / beige like colour. To make it more white you can whisk it.

So, my question is, if I whisk it to make it more white (and more fluffy) does that impact the way I can use it in the cake? The cake will be made up of 5 layers and there will be ganache in-between each layer as well as the whole cake being covered with the ganache before the fondant goes on.

Also, any tips / things to watch out for? grin

Shane

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Oct 2019 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 7

whipped ganache is like buttercream where you have to spatula it on rather than pour it -- the baker's brand wh choco is very white but I've never made ganache out of it that I can remember so it might go creamy colored

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 21 Oct 2019 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 7

My question is why is the color of the ganache an issue if you are just going to be covering it in fondant?

-K8memphis Posted 21 Oct 2019 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 7

good question, freckles

-K8memphis Posted 21 Oct 2019 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 7

phelapahnt you will need to start a new thread to answer 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 22 Oct 2019 , 2:47am
post #6 of 7

If I need for it to be super white, I use Wilton Bright White Candy Melts.  Maybe not quite as good as expensive chocolate, but still yummy.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 22 Oct 2019 , 9:27pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%