Hard Fondant Cut Outs

Decorating By Sla015 Updated 17 Oct 2019 , 4:48pm by SandraSmiley

Sla015 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sla015 Posted 17 Oct 2019 , 6:27am
post #1 of 4

I have recently made fondant cut-outs and I stored them in plastic freezer bags to keep soft - this worked. 

However, I took them out to paint them today and while I left the paint to dry, the fondant cut outs went hard and shattered when I went to pick some of them up. 
I have managed to save most of them by carefully returning them to the freezer bags. If I left them in the same way, I did the other night when they didn’t harden (each in an individual freezer bag, in an airtight container in the cupboard), Will this make them soft again? 
I have to place them on the side of a cake this weekend and I’m really hoping I don’t have to start again sweat any suggestions?? 

Thanks!!

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Oct 2019 , 12:27pm
post #2 of 4

idk -- if you have to do them over just fridge them -- I know that works -- what kind of fondant did you use?

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Oct 2019 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 4

Try setting them on dampened paper towels for a while, inside the plastic bags.  Check on the often because they could become too soft.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Oct 2019 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 4

You might also try lightly steaming them and let them stay in the plastic bags to absorb the moisture.  Don't know if either of these things will work, but it is worth a try before you have to start all over.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%