Lucks Brand Frosting Sheets

Decorating By SandraDee73 Updated 11 Oct 2019 , 5:38pm by SandraSmiley

SandraDee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraDee73 Posted 10 Oct 2019 , 12:51pm
post #1 of 5

I normally purchase the Premium frosting sheets from Icing Images (FABULOUS company btw). Recently I tried Lucks brand and although I LOVE how thin it is and it tastes better, I'm not pleased with the printable size and my black ink bleeds after a few minutes. I was able to minimize the bleed by changing the paper setting on the printer from matte photo to gloss photo, but again, after a few minutes it bled again, but just not as bad. I tried the Lucks brand because the Premium frosting sheets are thick and I've been experiencing roller drag. I do believe it's from sheets being too thick. I'm using a Canon iX6820 with Icing Images ink. Any one else experience this and if so did you find a fix or is it just the nature of this brand?  The first photo is the Lucks sheet when I used the matte photo paper option. Second photo I used the glossy photo paper option. Third photo was taken about 12 hours later and is the same frosting sheet as the one in the second photo.

Lucks Brand Frosting SheetsLucks Brand Frosting SheetsLucks Brand Frosting Sheets

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Oct 2019 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 5

i’d ask at icing images — she does have a tremendous company — your issue (one of ten million) is exactly why after I received shipment of my edible ink printer setup I sold it without ever even opening it up — I can’t deal with the minutiae — but I know she/they would trouble shoot that with you — go to the experts who have the patience to walk that walk fight that technical battle —

not that there’s not someone here that can help you — icing images posts here too of course! but just sayin’

best to you

SandraDee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraDee73 Posted 10 Oct 2019 , 1:14pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks @K8memphis :-)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Oct 2019 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 5

you’re welcome, sandradee73 blush  

(hey that rhymes:)

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Oct 2019 , 5:38pm