Help Appreciated

Español By neda_la Updated 17 Sep 2019 , 2:01am by neda_la

neda_la Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neda_la Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone 

I am kind of not sure of how to make this cake. I know that one way is to cut the cake all around and place the stones in that area. However I was thinking I could also make it in two tiers with a gap in the middle. It is a small 6” cake. So I would think either way might be possible.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated, also regarding the gem stone making etc.

Many thanks Help AppreciatedHelp Appreciated

2 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 3

It is actually a frosting technique.  I would do some searches on YouTube for videos regarding fault line cake tutorials.  But basically you crumb coat the cake.  Then you add more frosting to the top and bottom but leave the middle section open.  Then smooth things out and add in the rock candy and paint the edges with gold paint.  But definitely look up some videos because watching the technique will be of much better help than my explanation.

neda_la Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neda_la Posted 17 Sep 2019 , 2:01am
post #3 of 3

Quote by @Freckles0829 on 6 hours ago

It is actually a frosting technique.  I would do some searches on YouTube for videos regarding fault line cake tutorials.  But basically you crumb coat the cake.  Then you add more frosting to the top and bottom but leave the middle section open.  Then smooth things out and add in the rock candy and paint the edges with gold paint.  But definitely look up some videos because watching the technique will be of much better help than my explanation.

Perfect thanks so much. Can’t we do the same if the cake is covered with fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%