Cake Design Suggestions

Decorating By Alyssaj76 Updated 11 Sep 2019 , 12:12pm by SandraSmiley

Alyssaj76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alyssaj76 Posted 10 Sep 2019 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 2

Cake Design Suggestions

Hi! this is my cake order for this week. Do any of you have suggestions or creative ideas of ways to make this cake? I plan to print a duck outline and hand carve the duck at the top and use circle fondant cutters to make the bottom tier. Im still thinking about the middle its a boy sign.

1 reply
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Sep 2019 , 12:12pm
post #2 of 2

Hi Alyssaj76!  The bottom tier appears to be a printed sheet, but your idea of fondant circles will be much prettier.  Spot on with your plan for the ducky.  Be sure to add Tylose to your fondant to make it stronger and allow at least a couple of days for it to thoroughly dry.  Personally, I like to allow about a week....'cause I am paranoid.  The "It's a Boy" sign is made by cutting a larger circle of fondant and hand painting the foot print and the writing.  Again, allow the fondant to dry for a couple of hours, until the surface firms up, before trying to paint on it.  You can print out a foot print, too, as a guide and tour normal handwriting should be find for the message.  For the painting and writing, you can either use an edible market or mix petal dust with vodka for your paint.  The stripes are fondant, in the same colors as the polkadots and the beaded border appears to be hand piped.  You could also use a pearl mole, if  you have one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%