Meringue Buttercream Tangy

Decorating By Kauphe Updated 11 Sep 2019 , 1:08pm by SandraSmiley

Kauphe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kauphe Posted 9 Sep 2019 , 3:30am
post #1 of 4

Hi!

I’ve been trying a new no cook meringue buttercream that uses Wilton Meringue powder instead of egg whites.

It’s very smooth and holds it’s shape well but has a tangy flavour. My friends keep asking if the buttercream has lemon, that’s almost how it tastes!

Has anyone had this with a meringue butter cream or have a no-cook meringue buttercream recipe without this tangy flavour? I use Wilton meringue powder for my cookies with no tangy flavour.

I’d love any thoughts or tips. Thanks!

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Sep 2019 , 11:33am
post #2 of 4

you can make swiss meringue with raw egg whites — just make it exactly like the cooked kind without cooking — duff goldman in fact uses this icing — i’ve made it before to use on a dummy — 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Sep 2019 , 11:35am
post #3 of 4

re the tangy ness: you add enough vanilla?

also — there is some kind of new member delay on being able to "reply" to posts so please start a new thread to continue any discussion -- at some point all of a sudden you will be enabled to "reply" but not for a while -- maybe like 30 days — I think it might have to do with time and activity levels -- please respond by starting a new thread if you need/want to —

best to you

blush

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Sep 2019 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 4

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%