Structural Question

Baking By wifeyknifey Updated 15 Aug 2019 , 11:54pm by -K8memphis

wifeyknifey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wifeyknifey Posted 15 Aug 2019 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 3

Hello! A client is wanting the following design and I am trying to decide the most structurally sound way to have the hulk hands support three tiers of cake. I like to stick to using eve4rything edible (aside from the cake boards of course), however, I am concerned all fondant or RKT covered 9in fondant may not be solid enough. I'd hate for the whole thing to collapse! I'd love your recommendations :-)

Structural Question

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Aug 2019 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 3

I would make the hand out of fondant — for the sleeve I would use fondant wrapped foam and be sure the weight of the cake is secure on it — then have the hand coming up out that just as an adornment — to me the sleeve is part of the structure — 

i would make that well in advance of the cake — after I got paid though —

also: there is some kind of new member delay on being able to "reply" to posts so please start a new thread to continue any discussion -- at some point all of a sudden you will be enabled to "reply" but not for a while -- maybe like 30 days — I think it might have to do with time and activity levels -- please respond in a new thread if you want/need to —

best to you

blush

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Aug 2019 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 3

*up out of that (the sleeve)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%