How Long Can Swiss Meringue And Ganache Sit Out?

Decorating By nantny Updated 5 Aug 2019 , 12:02am by SandraSmiley

nantny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nantny Posted 4 Aug 2019 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 4

I have looked everywhere to find out how long Swiss meringue and ganache can sit out as you

decorate the cake. Especially, if its a sculpted cake that might take two full days>  Im desperate to know.

Other question is condensation with hand painted fondant.  Will it run?

Thank you so much.

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Aug 2019 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 4

it can sit out for a couple days but when not working on it I keep mine in the fridge esp overnight —

as you realize condensation can make things run depending on the kind of paint you use but there has to be a big temperature change too — so if it’s for the same cake and you’re not keeping it in the fridge — I don’t think you have to worry —

but when you can test these things out for yourself you will feel much better about it — I mean it seems like you’re possibly in the middle of a project right now — so you’re probably ok — 

but on the icing, could you use American bc? holds up a lot better for a room temperature sculpture — I would not use swiss on a sculpture if I couldn’t keep it cold —

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Aug 2019 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 4

also there is some kind of new member delay on being able to "reply" to posts so please start a new thread to continue any discussion -- at some point all of a sudden you will be enabled to "reply" but not for a while -- maybe like 30 days — I think it might have to do with time and activity levels -- please respond in a new thread if you want/need to —

best to you

blush

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Aug 2019 , 12:02am
post #4 of 4

If you are really concerned about the condensate causing running of your colors, use cocoa butter to mix your petal dusts instead of alcohol.  It becomes a kind of "oil paint" and will not be affected by the moisture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%