Cake Cooling Help

Decorating By rockncakes98 Updated 10 Jul 2019 , 3:13am by SandraSmiley

rockncakes98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockncakes98 Posted 8 Jul 2019 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone bake a cake & as soon as it comes out of oven, smash down any dome & simple syrup it while in pan then cover with plastic wrap, poke a few holes in it & place in fridge till the next day & pull out & immediately frost it??!!! 

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Jul 2019 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 4

i do not but I have heard of these practices before —

i just cut the dome off —i never wanted to squash my cake down like that although i’ve tried it — it does need to be done immediately out of the oven  before the cake sets up —

putting the simple syrup on while the cake is warm/hot really intensifies the flavors of the simple syrup in a very good way — although I would only do it on a cake for family not for sale —

sealing a hot cake in plastic wrap is a controversial method that I don’t adhere to — putting it in the freezer warms up everything in there unfavorably unless you have dedicated refrigeration —

those are my thoughts on those procedures — why do you ask?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Jul 2019 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 4

because you are a new member you probably won’t have the capability to “reply” to texts — so feel free to start a new thread to continue the discussion

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 Jul 2019 , 3:13am
post #4 of 4

I agree, -K8memphis.  I prefer to trim my tops rather than press down on them.  If the cake has only the slightest mound, I will sometime flatten it gently, but am always afraid of compacting the cake and making a dense, gummy texture inside.  I also do not like to wrap my cakes and put them in the refrigerator while they are hot because they sweat and my cakes really don't need the moisture.  It makes them sticky.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%