Home Bakery In South Carolina

Baking By gogoalshop Updated 6 Jul 2019 , 4:56pm by -K8memphis

gogoalshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gogoalshop Posted 6 Jul 2019 , 7:50am
post #1 of 2

Hi all,

I've been researching all morning, here and online (for last couple months). There's been nothing new or updated on here but I wanted to reach out to anyone who lives in South Carolina, more so east coast who is successfully running an in home bakery!

Any ins and outs would be extremely helpful on what is allowed, not allowed, any licenses I need or don't, etc! I appreciate any help. Yes, I know all the websites but like I said, a bit confusing and I would like to hear from others and their opinions/expertise! Thanks for reading!

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Jul 2019 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 2

i'm not from there but I just wanted to say that it usually depends on your local authorities -- even here in tn some can bake wedding cake from home and some cannot all within our great state of tennessee -- so if no one pops up here you really need to consider biting the bullet and contact your local health or agriculture department and even then you may or may not have all the right info -- for example here in tn you also have to clear the zoning board and bs license, pay taxes register with the state and other things that one agency doesn't necessarily advise you on -- it's not one stop shopping --

best to you on your baking journey

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%