Pound Cakes Are Awesome

Baking By 6CatMom Updated 23 Jun 2019 , 8:01pm by ThatCakeDude42

6CatMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
6CatMom Posted 23 Jun 2019 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 2

Many thanks to those who explained that newbies can't post replies for 30 days.  I was trying to share a pound cake recipe with MamaGeese.

LOL, yes this recipe is an oldie but goodie that I've made many times.  The cream cheese makes it tasty, and the baking powder makes it forgiving.  My family calls it "the disappearing cake" 'cause it doesn't last long around here.

I always use a bundt pan, but am wondering if would bake OK as a quarter sheet cake and not get too brown.  

Happy Baking!

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
1 + 1/2 cups butter, soft (room temperature)
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
6 large eggs (room temperature)
3 cups cake flour
1 + 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2.  Stir together cake flour and baking power in a bowl and set aside.
3.  With mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light, about 7 minutes.  Stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
4.  Lower the speed of the mixer and add the flour and eggs alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally.
5.  After all has been added, beat for 1-2 minutes until the flour has fully incorporated.
6.  Pour batter into greased/floured bundt pan.
7.  Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Notes:
1.  Let all ingredients come to room temperature.  Don't use the microwave.
2.  If you're concerned about the cake falling:  After cake is baked, turn off oven and open the door.  Allow cake to cool a bit in the oven before removing it. 
3.  Correct mixing is important for a pound cake, especially for recipes that don't use baking powder.  The baking powder in this recipe makes the whole process a bit more forgiving, and the cake always turns out fine for me.
4.  Nothing better than a good pound cake!

1 reply
ThatCakeDude42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatCakeDude42 Posted 23 Jun 2019 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 2

Thanks 6CatMom, I shared your reply in the other thread to make sure MamaGeese sees it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%