To Indydeb Or Anyone That Has Used Her Frosting...how To Get Smooth Sides On Cake?

Decorating By Naty Updated 20 Jun 2019 , 12:21am by cakefan92

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 17 Jun 2019 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 2

Hello. I made Indydeb's frosting and loved it. Delicious and creamy. However, i could not get the sides of the cake smooth as i would of wanted. I am used to using Wilton's half butter half shortening and placing in the fridge between crunb coat and final coat, etc. to get my cakes smooth.

With Indydeb's, it should not be refrigerated, so i could not do that and get a hard crumb coat. (I did use 1/2 c. milk...maybe too much? not enough?)

It did crust slightly. After the crumb coat, I did the final coat and as i spread it, it would take off the crumb coat too, expoding the cake. It was a mess, so i ended up doing swirls all over the cake.

Any ideas or help with this?

Thank you

1 reply
cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 20 Jun 2019 , 12:21am
post #2 of 2

Don't you just love Indydeb?  There's no reason you can't refrigerate her buttercream - - it's just not necessary.  Go ahead and throw it in the fridge if you want and especially if it's easier for you.  And I've never used that much milk in any buttercream so you might want to back off on it a little.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%