Six-Colour Rainbow Swirl

Decorating By sweetsmash Updated 6 Jun 2019 , 11:35pm by -K8memphis

sweetsmash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsmash Posted 6 Jun 2019 , 12:07pm
post #1 of 3

I've had customers send in pictures a couple times of a cake that has a six-colour rainbow swirl- as in 6 icing colours piped together. I've done this before with a maximum of 3 colours, using 3 piping bags inside one larger one, and even that can be a pain (with only 2 colours coming out half the time or the colours mixing together, having to waste a lot of icing in the process), so I cannot fathom how someone does it with six colours! I can't find anything online where anyone has used more than 3 colours. Has anyone tried tis with any success??

2 replies
MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 6 Jun 2019 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 3

Make sure its firm BC, pipe long lines next to each other on plastic wrap, roll it up and put that whole roll in a piping bag - you can do it!!!!!

Six-Colour Rainbow Swirl

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Jun 2019 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 3

I used five colors for autumn leaves and for piping the inscription — i would bag up all the colors in their own piping bag — then take a separate empty bag (parchment paper — but plastic would work)  and using an opening in the bags of colored icing about the size of an open coupler — i would grab the first color and start piping inside the empty bag in a straight line from down into the empty bag — about three inches from the tip to halfway up the inside of the bag — I would keep the pressure light to begin and press harder going up so the icing stream got heavier/thicker going up — narrow starting out — the first piping trail runs along the seam of the bag — and the ones to follow use an ‘imaginary ‘ seam — so the bag is striped like the top of a circus tent — I repeated these steps for the other three colors — striping them up the inside of the bag —

then you put a big large blob of the main color in the middle — I used the lightest color — because the striped colors are running up the inside of the bag and the big blob is the carrier to run  them out through the tip when you squeeze —

while the striped colors attach to the sides of the bag — they can be placed equidistant to each other all the way around it — or in my case I placed them more on one half of the bag because I was doing leaves and you would only see one side of the leaf and I wanted all the colors visible — so if you use a piping tube in the bag — you can adjust it aka twist it to the best colorful advantage 

so that’s how I would do that

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%