Need Help With Packaging

Business By ChefMaryM Updated 4 Jun 2019 , 7:19pm by -K8memphis

ChefMaryM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefMaryM Posted 3 Jun 2019 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 4

Hi!

I sell baked goods at farmers markets and other events. They are packaged in plastic containers. The packaging forms condensation on the inside when it's hot and humid out. I need to keep the items in packaging ready to sell. Any ideas what I can do to stop the condensation? Or a change in packaging? Thanks!

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Jun 2019 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 4

could you double the packaging so there’s a little space between them — or on the other hand poke a hole in it —

so you are delivering them there cold and they warm up or do you hold them there cold —

what kind of products are they?

ThatCakeDude42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatCakeDude42 Posted 3 Jun 2019 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 4

This sounds like the opposite of what should be happening. Condensation forms on the cooler surface. For it to form inside the container, the food inside would need to be warmer than the air outside... just like you'd expect to see if you sealed warm food in a container and placed it in the refrigerator. If you move a cool item into a warm environment, the condensation would form on the outside of the container.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Jun 2019 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 4

hey chefmarym — new members cannot reply to posts at first — but you can start a new thread to continue the discussion — most everyone is aware of this, except fellow new members — so please free to comment in a new thread — we understand why!

thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%