Can't Find Dh French Vanilla

Baking By HCC_by_Eileen Updated 1 Jun 2019 , 4:29pm by SandraSmiley

HCC_by_Eileen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HCC_by_Eileen Posted 30 May 2019 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone noticed it's really hard to find french vanilla DH cake mix lately? I switched to Betty Crocker (works fine in my recipe), but prefer the crumb of the DH.  Even on Amazon it's either insanely expensive, they are out of stock, they are down to 1, or both.  Just wonder if this is happening in other parts of the country as well. (I'm in Northern Wiscosnin).  Thanks!

4 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 30 May 2019 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 5

I'm in Maryland and I have noticed a significant decrease in DH options at my local supermarket.  I know that DH had a recall back in November so I am thinking that this has something to do with it because before the recall my store had a ton of different flavor options but now they only have devils food, white and yellow.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 May 2019 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 5

ohhh that's right, freckles

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 1 Jun 2019 , 12:15am
post #4 of 5

Wouldn't waste your money, none of them are any good anymore. I've given up. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Jun 2019 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 5

I have not purchased cake mixes in the last few weeks, but I used DH French Vanilla to make the top tier of the Toy Story cake I posted last week, so they were available then.  I don't know if my husband (who did the grocery shopping) got them from Food Lion or Walmart, but they both usually carry them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%