Carving A 3D Bear, Need Advice Cont.

Decorating By TerraCottle Updated 25 May 2019 , 5:46pm by -K8memphis

TerraCottle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerraCottle Posted 24 May 2019 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 2

Thanks Sandra that helps, your Elmo is super cute too! 

i like the mix of these two bears, I like the big tummy on one and the head and arms of the other.  It’s for a first birthday, so I want him extra cute, I’m putting a party hat on and a blue and gold bow tie. My client wants it in buttercream, but I’m doing a few features in fondant Carving A 3D Bear, Need Advice Cont.Carving A 3D Bear, Need Advice Cont.

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 May 2019 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 2

sorry for the lapse in posting -- I started one but I got myself too complicated --

anyhow --

so there are 10,00 ways to do this -- this is how I would do it -- using frozen cake --

I would be planning a three tier cake with the top tier, the head, cut out of on an odd shaped foam core board that conforms to the head and snout -- the board might need a tapering inch or two of some candy clay underneath to get that rounded effect for the snout -- or you could glue a piece of foam there too -- for the head I would bake two 6 or 7  inch cakes with a nice rounded dome on top and fill them flat (bottom) sides together so the rounded parts are on the top and bottom of the tier -- then slice off about an inch or inch & a half on one end like a serving all the way across --  and place that cake, the head, cut side down on the odd shaped foam core board -- add a big cupcake or mold some scraps together to make the snout -- trim the initial 6 or 7 inch cakes to form the head -- use scraps for the ears --

the body I would bake an 8x12 for the bottom layer of the bottom tier, the legs, and place a 9" round on top of that -- trim it some -- dowel and add a foam core board cut to fit the silhouette -- place another 9 and an 8 on top of that and dowel for the head to be place on top of that -- you should have enough cake plus what you trim to finish the legs and i'd just carve the arms out of the original stack --

i'm sure there's you tube videos that are probably better/easier than ^^^ that but that's how I would do it to get your servings

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%