How To Start Selling?

Business By sarahthewolf Updated 20 May 2019 , 7:41pm by -K8memphis

sarahthewolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahthewolf Posted 20 May 2019 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 3

HI everyone! 

I live in Pennsylvania. I'm interested in starting selling my baked goods from home. i have researched the process minimally and have discovered that apparently you are required to use completely different ingredients, tools, equipment ect. then the stuff you use for home use. I am wondering if therre is a way to prevent doing this or something. 

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 May 2019 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 3

required by whom — your state and local governments?

are you allowed to do this from home legally by the state & local governments? 

often when different equipment,tools and ingredients have to be used then it might not even be allowed from home — might have to be on commercially zoned property too — does pennsylvania  have cottage laws?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 May 2019 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 3

“ Under the PA cottage food law, there are certain types of low risk food products that may be produced and sold out of your home kitchen with no inspection or licensing requirements “

that’s ^^^ not necessarily true — I found it on the internet but like I said — if selling baked goods is allowed from home the rules are usually quite lax on equipment— and I don’t think i’ve ever heard of being required to use commercial ingredients — which makes me wanna ask who told you that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%