Gourmet Extract?

Baking By Joeschmoe Updated 17 Apr 2019 , 4:26am by SandraSmiley

Joeschmoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joeschmoe Posted 14 Apr 2019 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 3

Looking for recommendations for a great coffee extract to be used for coffee flavored genoise sponge. I keep seeing CamiSoni as the best, but the company doesn't seem to exist anymore. I have found a good emulsion, but am afraid the texture would be a problem with the genoise (if you disagree, tell me why!) Any suggestions appreciated!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Apr 2019 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 3

idk about gourmet emulsions but I just dissolve some instant coffee crystals in some  of the liquid already called for in the recipe — and then i’m also ready to strain out any errant ones that didn’t cooperate — often in recipes I see espresso powder called for but i’ve never used it — so that to say different roasts are available in instant — I mean coffee flavor is coffee flavor — i never felt I needed anyone else’s direction — in that kwim 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Apr 2019 , 4:26am
post #3 of 3

Oh!  There's the coffee!  I agree with -K8memphis. I do have coffee extract, but most often I use strong brewed coffee or instant coffee crystals.  I use emulsions a lot and I've never noticed the slightest difference in the texture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%