How Much Should I Charge For Cupcakes?

Business By joannie95 Updated 12 Apr 2019 , 11:52am by Freckles0829

joannie95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joannie95 Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 5

How Much Should I Charge For Cupcakes?What would be a good price to charge per dozen cupcakes with a simple fondant decoration on top 

4 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 5

Pricing has too many variables to just give you a number. If it were me, $4.00 each, and I live in the country. What I can get vs what you can get in your area are going to vary. A good starting point would be to read over the pricing threads on this site.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 5

that's a lot of work for anything less than the four bucks each ypierce said

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 12 Apr 2019 , 1:31am
post #4 of 5

I would never be able to sell those for $4 where I live. ( not that they're not worth it!) I'd check other local baker's and bakeries prices and than decide how much to charge.   

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 12 Apr 2019 , 11:52am
post #5 of 5

I would check out local bakeries and see what they charge for a basic cupcake (aka no topper).  Then you should add up the cost of your ingredients as well as what you think your time is worth and determine a price per cupcake.

Toppers, to me, are extra.  So say you decide that your basic cupcake is $2.75, then a topper in the picture shown would be an extra $X.  To figure out how much a topper should cost, you should determine the ingredient cost per topper (don't be afraid to weigh out how much fondant you are using per topper) as well as the time involved in making them.  The more time the more they should cost.  To get a feel for a good starting point you could do some googling to see what similar toppers would go for say on Etsy and even at local bakeries around the area.

I would probably charge $1 per topper in regards to the picture you posted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%