Gluten Free Fondant

Decorating By luma332 Updated 8 Apr 2019 , 5:51pm by -K8memphis

luma332 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luma332 Posted 8 Apr 2019 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hello Bakers

so I'm self-taught Baker, friend of my ask if I can reseach gluten free she ask if I could make her a cake for her husband who has celiac disease. I found great recipe for the cake, 

but fondant ??? Has any of you create a gluten free fondant recipe ...

Thanks In Advance 

4 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 8 Apr 2019 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 5

I didn't know there was gluten in fondant???  Is it in the sugar?

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 8 Apr 2019 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 5

Hi!  Check the boxes - I'm pretty positive Wilton fondant is gluten free.  Most store bought brands of frosting are also gluten free btw.  I don't care for the taste but sometimes when you need a color, they do come in handy!!

You can make your own with marshmallows but not all marshmallows are gluten free

BTW most of the items that are marked kosher coincidentally are gluten free - again check the label 

Now that it's Passover season there is a lot of space in the supermarkets devoted to Passover/kosher food and there is a lot of gluten free.  I like to stock up bc some of my family and a close friend have celiac.  

Sugar does not have gluten in it, but sometimes the processing of certain foods use wheat/gluten so it requires putting on your reading glasses.  Oh, sorry, that comment is meant for me!

Good luck!

Theresa

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Apr 2019 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 5

from their website:

What allergies should I be aware of?

We are happy to say our Fondant and Gum Paste are Allergen-Free, Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Nut Free. Please note our Gum Paste contains Egg Whites.

Is Satin Ice vegan?

Satin Ice Fondant is 100% vegan. The glycerine used is plant derived and our sugar is not filtered through bone char.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Apr 2019 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 5

I meant from the satin ice website  ^^^

I think a lot of them are gf

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%