Need High Fructose Corn Syrup-Free Chocolate And White Cake Recipes

Baking By SnugglesC Updated 9 Apr 2019 , 1:24am by SnugglesC

SnugglesC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnugglesC Posted 7 Apr 2019 , 12:37am
post #1 of 3

I've used cake mixes for many cakes and cake recipe bases, but now I'm in need of a recipe for a FRUCTOSE-free chocolate and white cake recipes.

I've looked at the ingredients on the cake mixes and since this request is for Fructose-free I don't want to risk using any type of boxed mix.

Thank you for your help!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Apr 2019 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 3

I guess I forgot to hit submit  -- because I surely answered this already no_mouth but anyway -- fructose free and hf corn syrup free are two different things -- duncan hines sweetens it's white cake mix with dextrose not fructose -- you can just read the labels for that 

most recipes don't use hfcs -- so if you don't use any it won't be in there -- and for fructose free you'll avoid honey and fruit additions maybe some other stuff not typically found in cake recipes depending on what you mean between ff and hfcs free

SnugglesC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnugglesC Posted 9 Apr 2019 , 1:24am
post #3 of 3

Thanks. 

I've baked for this family before but since this request is on behalf of the groom and he'll be the new family member, I'm going to ask for more particulars. 

This started out because of their desire to have a cake covered in fondant.  We have now agreed upon using a basic buttercream icing, so I'm hoping this will avoid any problems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%