Reusable Baking Sheets

Baking By EM38 Updated 7 Apr 2019 , 4:38pm by -K8memphis

EM38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EM38 Posted 6 Apr 2019 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone, what do you think of reusable/washable baking sheets? Do you recommend them? Pros/cons. Thank you!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Apr 2019 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 3

I got one to test it and I accidently cut it when doing a tea ring so -- besides that it held the oil onto it -- did not really wash off well kwim -- surely you won't be getting that same one of course but I really din like it esp when I Cut It -- agh -- and it was about sixteen bucks -- I use parchment liners (10,000 for forty bucks) from the restaurant supply -- they are flat and I don't have to wrestle them to keep then in place -- and they are full sheet size so I can cut them into any shape I need -- wrap up things for the freezer --

I vote no on reusable washable 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Apr 2019 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 3

and I mean I guess tea rings are the only things I use scissors on but it was the tip of scissors -- it just slit quick -- paper would not have even cut like that -- but that ended my experiment too -- 

and frankly all the other silicone mats and things hold the grease on there too -- except the one that was not 100% silicone -- but it stunk when I baked with it and sure enough the cookies I baked on it did too -- but this was back 10, 15 years ago and I love the parchment so I never researched the re-useables again either -- and it might be quite a different story now -- they improve things so quickly -- I have some silicone muffin pans that do not hold the grease too so -- what do I know 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%