My New Solution For Samples

Business By Chef_Stef Updated 30 Jan 2007 , 4:44pm by BrandisBaked

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 7:41am
post #1 of 8

I found 4" springforms by Wilton (nonstick, no less) at Michaels. A half batch of most of my cakes fills 3-4 of them. Slice them in half and fill and ice them for samples, seal the extras and freeze for busy times when everyone wants one...I don't serve frozen cake, but I'd use frozen samples--gotta save $ somewhere... thumbs_up.gif

I'm pretty jazzed about my little idea.

7 replies
emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 11:43am
post #2 of 8

That is the kind of idea I like to hear! Saves time and money!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 8

This is a really good idea! Thanks for sharing!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 8

Great idea, I have a few of those I got from Wal-mart. I used them to make indv cheesecakes.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 8

That is a wonderful idea.. I was thinking of using that new wilton large muffin pan cut in half... but yours might be even easier icon_smile.gif Thanks for the idea!

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 8

Thast is a great idea. Thanks! I struggle with the same thing and now I think I'll try this!

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 4:31pm
post #7 of 8

I make all the cakes that I offer in one-two days, then cut them up to be about 4 bite size servings each and saran wrap each cake flavor, then put all in a zip lock bag and seal, then freeze. when I have a wedding consultation, I pop the zip lock bag into the frig and let it come to temp. cake is so moist and flavorful!
I do the same with my fillings. put one serving size into zip lock bag, then put all of them in a large zip lock bag and freeze them. also pop them in frig day before you need them and the come to temp. very nice.

then I put everything in my nice serving bowls and am out the door. this saves me lots of time, and lots of money!!

melody

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 4:44pm
post #8 of 8

I like to bake a rectangular cake, freeze it (for easier cutting) and cut it into about 3" by 1/2" sections. I place two of each flavor into a snack size ziplock bag and store them in the freezer. It's easy to spread some filling between the two pieces (turn them onto their sides, so you have a larger area), and pipe some icing on top. I get people who want to try every flavor there is, so I don't like to give them too much cake at a time. (Reminds me of the people who have lunch at Costco by hitting every sample station)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%