Has Anyone Done A 3-D Tree Cake??

Decorating By TamiAZ Updated 5 Oct 2005 , 5:27am by lastingmoments

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 9

Ooops...Shouldn't have added cake in the title... icon_confused.gif

I need to make some trees for a halloween cake... I wanted the trees to be able to sit on a cake board covered it fondant. I was thinking of making the trees out of wire and then covering it with gumpaste, but I'm having a hard time figuring out to make them so I can stand them up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
KrazyKross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyKross Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 9

I've only done evergreen type trees which are made with a ice cream cone base and covered with tip 352 leaves. I've not tried a "real tree" with branches and limbs.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 9

Use the sugar ice cream cones and pipe the leaves starting from the bottom up!!

TamiAZ Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm looking to make a scary looking tree with branches and no leaves on it. The kind you might see in a scary graveyeard...

Thanks again!! icon_biggrin.gif

TamiAZ Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 9

I got what I needed.... Thanks!!! icon_biggrin.gif

mridula Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mridula Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 6:51pm
post #6 of 9

You can do it using chocolate clay. I did similar trees recently for a jungle cake. You can do the main trunk and put it in the fridge for 5 minutes. You can then add branches one at a time and refrigerate it as necessary.

mridula Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mridula Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 6:52pm
post #7 of 9

You can do it using chocolate clay. I did similar trees recently for a jungle cake. You can do the main trunk and put it in the fridge for 5 minutes. You can then add branches one at a time and refrigerate it as necessary.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 6:54pm
post #8 of 9

TamiAZ
OK what was the idea? I have been watching this thread for the answer because I wanted to know the same thing.
Help a girl out... (please)

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 5:27am
post #9 of 9

Ok here an idea I dont kow if it will work but ....just thinking out loud what if you get a "hidden piller"
so that way you can run the wires thru it... and coat with fondant or gum paste.....the wires on the bottom can be spread out as roots so that it can stand for your base....the tops of the wire can have leaves added in fall colors or any color or even bare as branches for the scary look! hope this helps....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%