White Ganache Recipe

Baking By rdevon Updated 19 Mar 2019 , 4:23am by rdevon

rdevon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdevon Posted 4 Mar 2019 , 9:50am
post #1 of 14

I have made dark chocolate ganache and used it under fondant on cakes successfully. And love it! Now I want to use white ganache. People say that white ganache is harder to make and use. I notice on the internet that some recipes call for butter and some do not. So my question is, do you need to use butter in white chocolate ganache recipes for covering cakes under fondant? Thank you for any help you can give. I will be usung Guittard's white chocolate.

13 replies
rdevon Posted 4 Mar 2019 , 10:50am
post #2 of 14

Also, does anyone have any tips or warnings about using white ganache under fondant?

rdevon Posted 4 Mar 2019 , 11:10am
post #3 of 14

As I said, I would be using Guittards white chocolate, but let me add it would be the A' peels.

Fabricake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fabricake Posted 4 Mar 2019 , 1:48pm
post #4 of 14

1 part double (heavy) cream to 3 part white chocolate.

Put both in a bowl and microwave until just melted (careful not to over heat it as it may curdle, If this happens add a little cold cream and whisk). When the chocolate has completely melted whisk until smooth. Allow it to cool until it's the desired consistency.

I use it on all my cakes, easy to make and easy to use, you can't go wrong! no need for butter

rdevon Posted 4 Mar 2019 , 2:23pm
post #5 of 14

Your cakes are awesome!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 4 Mar 2019 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 14

I so as Fabricake said.  In the summer (being a coward), I use one part heavy whipping cream to four parts of chocolate so it will set more firmly.  If it gets too stiff when I am applying it, I just warm it in the microwave a bit.  I much prefer white chocolate ganache, for everything but chocolate cake, because it doesn't interfer with the other flavors.

rdevon Posted 5 Mar 2019 , 7:19am
post #7 of 14

Thank you, Sandra and Fabricake. You both are such pros, it makes me feel calm, like I can do it.

SandraSmiley Posted 5 Mar 2019 , 4:25pm
post #8 of 14

Haha!  I am not a pro by any stretch of the imagination, rdevon!  If I an do it, you certainly can.  I found it to be easier than buttercream.

rdevon Posted 18 Mar 2019 , 12:44am
post #9 of 14

I am about to but 150 pounds of Guittards white chocolate Apeels assuming I can use it to make ganache that goes under fondant, Will this brand work?

SandraSmiley Posted 18 Mar 2019 , 3:37am
post #10 of 14

I know of no reason why Guittards  white chocolate Apeels would not work just fine.  The first time I made white chocolate ganache, I didn't know I was not supposed to and I used plain old white chocolate chips and they worked perfectly.  After that, I used Ghirardelli premium baking bars.  I couldn't tell the difference, so I certainly would not spend a lot of money on a more expensive chocolate.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Mar 2019 , 4:48am
post #11 of 14

Me also  Sandra

Ghiradelli from the grocery store

rdevon Posted 18 Mar 2019 , 5:37am
post #12 of 14

Thank you Sandra and Mbalaska. I have had success with the dark Guittards A peels so want to go with that brand again but I read something negative about this brand somewhere on the internet. Can't find where now.

SandraSmiley Posted 19 Mar 2019 , 3:19am
post #13 of 14

You probably should buy a small quantity and give it a couple of trys before you order 150 pounds.  I would certainly want to know what I was getting before I invested that much money.

rdevon Posted 19 Mar 2019 , 4:23am
post #14 of 14

Yes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%